This month we offer Oro Bailen Reserva Familiar, an EVOO made from 100% Picual olives.
Oro Bailen Reserva Familiar is a benchmark in olive oil production, not just in Spain but around the world.
Crafted by one of the most decorated producers in the world, this early harvest green Picual has a nose that will knock your socks off.
This award winner displays complex herbaceous notes of green olive, green tea, green tomato and green peach skin.
100% Picual olives. Pressed immediately after harvest and distilled in a continuous process to separate olive solids and vegetable water for a clear and concentrated fresh oil. Chartreuse color, aromas of herbs, basil, mint and green vegetables.
Flavor is intense, bitterness and spice are moderate. Flavors of fresh herbs and green almond. Pour on anything - steak, grilled bread, vegetables, risotto, chicken, fish.
Awards and accolades:
- 97 points – Flos Olei Guide 2014
- Gold Medal Award Robust Picual - NYIOOC 2014
- Flos Olei Guide 2012; best EVOO in the world. Top 20
- Los Angeles International EVOO Competition . Best of Show. Best of category. Gold Medal. 2011
- Oil China Competition. Gold Medal 2012
- AVPA Paris. Gold Medal 2012
- Mediterranean International competition Israel. Prestige gold medal 2011
- Sol d’Oro Italy. Diploma di gran menzioni. 2012
- Spanish Foods Award for the Best EVOO 2009. Ministry of Environment, Rural and Marine.
- International Olive Oil Competition “ARMONIA” Italy. Diploma di Gran Menzioni 2011
Oro Bailen is located in the town of Villanueva de la Reina at the foothills of the Sierra Morena in southern Spain. This family operated mill is considered by experts the world over as one of the best.
500 ml. $24